7 Reasons Why Charm Bracelets Are Girls All-Time Favorite Jewelry to Wear


I just read an article recently "8 Dos and Donts When Buying a Charm Bracelet"
Charm bracelets are definitely my most favorite jewelry to wear. I wear them at work everyday as it completes my whole appearance. Sometimes I love to wear the chunkiest charm bracelet I ever have and sometimes I like to make it simple, depending on my mood.


"Charm bracelets have always had a personal and sentimental significance for me. Charms are like pieces of yourself that you pass on to other people, items that tell your story and that can be shared, like a song. The bracelet represents the foundation of this album, a body of work that encompasses many feelings.". -Mariah Carey

A charm bracelet is a simple chain that one wears at the wrist, and attached with series of trinkets or charms. The charms could be in any shape, colors, or sizes depending on the wearer's theme and could resembles a lot of different meaning. It could also be series of beads dangling around the chain in lots of colors. The selections of charms may represent as gifts, friendship, or memories. It may also reflect someone's hobbies, love, interest and likes.

In whatever ways, anyhow, there is no rule against wearing more than one charm bracelet or the selection of charms. Most importantly, one must love the charms and design that comes together with it.
Here I listed down 8 reasons why charm bracelets are my favorite jewelry to wear. Just for fun. ;)

1. Personalisation
Personalisation means making the charm bracelet that reflects one's up, close and personal. It could be something that you love doing or to portray some one that you love and care and at the same time you can carry them with you all the time.

charm-bracelet-shedazzles-malaysia
Like for an instance, this piece was designed with the thoughts of where I want to be in the next 5 years. The little girl there actually reminds of Madeline, you know the cartoon show Madeline who lives in an boarding school in Paris. 

charm-bracelet-malaysia
As for this piece, the intention was to capture all stuffs that girls always like and do. The charms selections varies and randomly picked but with girl theme in mind.

2. Easy accessible materials
There is no limitations on what can or cannot be used to make your charm bracelet. It could be from the conventional beads shops or art shops, or even from any found object.


charm-bracelet-shedazzles-malaysia
For an instance, the materials for this piece was gather from my mom's unused sewing kit, including the wall plug and washer I took from one of my construction site (dun wori, it is with full consent from the site supervisor ;)). The point is, it is endless with what you can do.

3. Price / budget
Among of all the high fashion branded accessories, Juicy Couture and Mawi are my most favourite because their design are truly unique and awesome. If you can afford it, then why not buy it. But if you can't you can always recreate it with other available materials.

Like for an instance, I really love this Mawi bracelet which I saw from Polyvore. I really like the exclusive look that it has and I deciede to recreate another one but in my own version.

The first pic is the Mawi bracelet.

And this is my own version which suits my budget.


charm-bracelet-shedazzles-malaysia
http://she-dazzles.blogspot.my/2012/09/ar-147-golden-bliss-2.html



4. Style flexibility
Depending on the mood or fashion you're opted to, it is always flexible whether you want a simple, plain but elegant or if you want something chunkier and chic. It is flexible.

charm-bracelet-shedazzles-malaysia
The chunkier version


http://she-dazzles.blogspot.my/2012/10/ar-174.html

A more simpler ones but elegant

5. History / event / milestones - Celebrating memories

Charm bracelets could also mark as a milestone or an event that has happened in your life and yo wish to remember it or even to celebrate memories. There are times when I do wish I could keep all my sweetest memories in a bottle and I can open it anytime I want to. So by having a charm bracelet to indicate an event, makes it more worth while and perfect for gifts or self reflections.

charm-bracelet-shedazzles-malaysia
From a Mother's eye who had just deliver her gorgeous baby boy.

Everyone says first love is everything, and so is your first date.
That moment when you decide to leave your office and travel around the world in 80 days.

6. Colours

All life experiences make an impression upon us. Some experiences will be positive and some negative. There are research which saying that the aura and the energy of colors has affects on all of us in all levels, that is to say, physical, spiritual and emotional. I am not sure how true this statement is but I do know that by wearing my favorite colour of outfit or accessories does make me happy because I look good in my colors. So as charm bracelets, you can simply mix and match with any of your outfit and feel good about yourself.


http://she-dazzles.blogspot.my/2012/06/ar-077-availability-sold-improvised.html


7. Reflective of hobbies/ likes

I love Britney Spears ever since I laid eyes on her. We grew up together and we have been bestfriends ever since. She was there throughout my adolescence years to my uni years and till now she has never let me down. I did made several charm bracelets design dedicated only to her. My friedns knows how much I adore her and it has eventually become my trademark. In short, it reflects part of my likings which I have with me wherever I go.



Besides that, a charm bracelet could also reflects your other hobbies or your favorite movies or theme or even you favorite childhood character, just like for an instance an Alice In Wonderland charm bracelet.
charm-bracelet-shedazzles-malaysia
http://she-dazzles.blogspot.my/2013/03/ar-344-alice-in-wonderland.html
So that's it. Do share your thoughts on your favorite charm bracelet. We'd love to hear from you.

XOXO,








No comments:

Post a Comment